the lost estate is hiring
As one of the UK’s fastest growing Arts and Hospitality startups, we’re looking for highly motivated, deeply creative individuals to join us.
You’ll be part of a passionate, tight-knit team on a mission to build an internationally recognised arts and hospitality brand.
If that sounds like your kind of work, let’s talk.
Facilities and Maintenance Technician
The Lost Estate (TLE) is an immersive hospitality and arts company which brings classic stories to life through fantastical immersive worlds, packed with dining, mixology, theatre, and world-class performance.
This is a full-time role at the company, responsible for the daily upkeep of our venues, building compliance and risk assessment, managing maintenance contractors, managing and receiving deliveries and advising on facilities/maintenance issues on any prospective TLE sites we wish to acquire in the future.
The right candidate is a good all-round ‘handy person’, ideally with experience in fixing and maintaining commercial kitchen equipment. Experience in complying with FRA and other building H&S regulations is essential, as is a great network of facilities contractors. At least 1-2 years experience in a hospitality or theatre venue would be desirable, as would a current UK drivers licence.
- Equipment – able to monitor and maintain day-to-day kitchen and bar equipment
- Appliances – able to monitor and maintain electrical/digital appliances on site
- Plumbing – able to fix most common plumbing issues
- The day time Fire Marshal and First Aider for the building on site early until handover to show venue team
- Responsible for maintaining and overseeing all CCTV, security and fire systems
- Keeping the FRA up to date
- Managing building H&S and risk assessments, meeting all relevant HSE requirements
- First Call responder for out of hours Fire + Security alerts (ideally this person has their own transportation and/or lives close to site)
- Being the building contact for our sub-tenants
- Managing rubbish removal, including regular waste management, ad hoc removals. skips and contractor relationships
- Managing the cleaning teams / onboarding / schedules / relationship etc
- Onboarding and safety management of freelance contractors: Fire+security, plumbers, electricians, carpenters, builders
- Assisting to manage set get-ins and get-outs and all contractors involved
- Managing routine deliveries: alcohol, kitchen etc and confirming delivery inventory
- Managing routine ordering and filing systems of regular suppliers
- Daytime door management: accepting post and deliveries and getting these to the relevant people
- To manage the correct use of all CCTV footage and the CCTV system, monitoring the footage when required
- The cleanliness and upkeep of the outside areas including the astro turf, the parking lot and all back areas
- Plants, grass and foliage maintenance
- Weeding, raking and sweeping of leaves
- Clearance of and preparation for snowy or icy conditions
- Routine clearance of drains in the parking lot and on the roof
- Managing storage and areas susceptible to dumping
- Working with our freelance design teams on the set, lighting and sound designs for our productions, ensuring they meet H&S regulations, hospitality and production requirements and create an amazing audience experience
- Working with our freelance production managers, production electricians and other technical crew to collaboratively deliver our production fit ups, get outs and technical rehearsals safely, smoothly and to a high level of finish.
- Salary: £34,000 – £40,000 depending on experience
- Hours: 40 hrs/week
- Holidays: 28 days annual leave, including public holidays
- Probation period: 3 months
- Benefits: Free tickets to The Lost Estate shows (subject to availability) and a staff discount on drinks at The Lost Estate’s shows
this work matters:
“HAS TO GO DOWN AS ONE OF THE BEST NIGHTS EVER.”
“The venue was perfect and the whole ”prohibition secret vibe” really well delivered. The live band was great however it was more of a performance than just music, which made it even better. I cannot wait until I hear when the next show is. It really shouldn’t be missed”LIZ REECE ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ GOOGLE
“BEST NIGHT OUT I’VE HAD IN A LONG TIME!”
“Absolutely amazing, I would recommend EVERYONE GO IF YOU CAN…”SARAH ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ DESIGNMYNIGHT
“WE HAD THE BEST EXPERIENCE.”
“Got to select dishes from the menu, had wonderful service – very friendly and attentive. Thoroughly enjoyed the show – magnificent performances and a fantastic atmosphere. Really magical.” SOPHIE ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ DESIGNMYNIGHT
“WHAT AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE!!”
“We loved getting dressed up and arriving at the secret venue then giving a password to gain entry. Venue was really authentic, making you feel like you had been transported back in time, combining perfectly with the performers who were brilliant. food was amazing and every course had a twist or a surprise for us….CAN’T WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE.”CHRIS C ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ TIMEOUT
“Buzzing atmosphere, everyone dressed up and looking fabulous Food and drinks were great but most of all the band are superb. Had the best night dancing and laughing.”
JACKIE ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ DESIGNMYNIGHT
We’ll be hiring across plenty of other departments over the next 6-12 months. If you want to join us in creating extraordinary Arts experiences across the UK, sign up for job alerts using the form below.
Find an extraordinary job you’re truly passionate about, here at The Lost Estate. We can’t wait to hear from you.